blog

[HELLO + WELCOME!]

save the dates + wedding invites

I've already shared a little project I did for our wedding, but now onto something more substantial. 

SAVE THE DATES. 

I'm really excited how these turned out. I knew two things going into this project - I wanted kraft paper and white ink. Turns out printing white ink is a bit more complicated than I realized since it takes a LOT of ink. After much discussion with the fine folks at Execu Print, we decided the best process was to screen print on chipboard. The white turned out amazing and I love how thick the postcards were! 

My only complaint was that after they went through the machines at the post office, some of them got torn on the back. Not a huge deal - but something good to remember about sending chipboard through the mail. 

Fonts used: Intro + Anna Clara

 

INVITES

I chose to create the invites through Greener Printer. I randomly came across their website and sent away for a free sample pack of their paper. Everything about the paper in the sample pack was great so I decided to use them for printing. 

Using Greener Printer was actually very easy. I created my layout in Photoshop Elements, saved it as a PDF and sent it to Greener Printer. It took them a very short time to get back to me with the proofs. As soon as I gave them the green light, they printed them on 20 point kraft paper. 

I should point out I really wanted to do white ink on kraft paper [to try and stick with how my save the dates looked] but printing white ink was over TWICE the amount as black. It was a bit more than I planned on spending, so black ink it was! 

My invites came about a week later and I was quite happy with them - even with black ink. 

Note: the envelopes did not come with the invites. I bought the envelopes from Paper-Source. Main envelope is mint and RSVP envelope is curry.

To bundle everything together, I created a strip of paper to wrap around. I took my Martha Stewart scoring board and began scoring white card stock. To begin, I'd lay one side of the paper along the triangle piece and score every half inch. 

invite-6.jpg

After the whole sheet was scored, I flipped it 90 degrees and once again scored every half inch. 

invite-7.jpg

Once that was done, I removed the triangle piece and laid the paper against the top of the grid so all the lines have formed diamonds. This is the tricky part as for some reason there's no good measurement where to put the third line, so it's a guessing game. Basically the third line needs to intersect with the other two lines [and for some reason my second line is not showing up in the picture below, but it's there, I promise]. 

invite-8.jpg

After scoring the whole sheet of paper, I cut it into strips. 

invite-9.jpg

Once I had the strips, it was easy to fold all the lines. [It looks fine if you don't crease them, but I thought it added a bit more definition.]

Once that was done, I just wrapped it around the largest part of the invite and secured it with washi tape. 

invite-14.jpg

After that, I slid the other pieces under the wrap, added some twine and ta-da! 

Final step was to put the invite in the envelope and seal it up. For the address labels I bought 8x10 kraft sticker paper and printed out all the addresses / return address. I cut them into strips [I fit four per sheet] and started by centering the return address on the back of the envelope.

Then I flipped the envelope and secured the rest of the label. 

There you have it! 

I still have a few other wedding paper projects to share, but I will save that for another post!

invite-23.jpg

Fonts used: Anna Clara + Mossy